Sunday, March 11, 2012

Missed Dishes: Ray's Coconut Cake

Light meal @ Ray's the Classics in Silver Spring tonight, and tempted by dessert.

Miss much the long-retired Coconut Cake (available at both Ray's locations at the time). That was crack. Light subtle coconut flavor, huge tall slice. Even coconut haters liked. Sigh. Reminded me of other retired dishes or restaurants which have come & gone who offered dishes that I really enjoyed.

But I digress ... back to eating lol.

Wanted something a little lighter tonight (i.e. just worked-out, felt guilty haha) & always waned to try Ray's "Wild" Turkey Burger. I've heard good reviews from the foodie boards when it first auditioned over at Ray's Hellburger. As burgers are now available at the Ray's main restaurants, I've always bypassed that option for a steak or perhaps the fantastic Crab Royale (like a deconstructed crab cake, I've gotten many a friend hooked on this over the years). Tonight seemed like a great candidate to give this a try.

First reaction? Wow, it's a huge sammie. Not surprising as all of the Ray's burgers can be described that way. I'll venture to guess between 8 - 10 oz of juicy fresh house-ground Turkey and spices. Includes grilled red onions and a sweet bourbon glaze on-top ... I decided to include a nice White Cheddar for $1.00 extra. Comes with good, crisp traditional fries or sweet potato fries. Great flavors & surprisingly juicy throughout. This is a nice alternative to the normal beef burger. Will have to try this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment